Your Child's First Dental Visit
The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association recommend the first dental visit by the first birthday or when your child has their first baby tooth. The emphasis is on preventing tooth decay which is now on the increase.
We require that a parent or legal guardian be present at the child's first dental visit.
If you have been referred from another dentist please:
- Have the previous dentist send a written referral indicating the areas of concern.
- Arrange to have x-rays that were taken at the referring doctor's office sent to our office prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Please bring information regarding your child's last dental exam, including cleaning and x-rays records.
Bring to Your Appointment
- Dental Insurance Information
- Medical history information including the names and phones numbers of all medical providers
- Referring physician information (if applicable)
- Previous x-rays if taken within the past year
- Medical insurance information (may be necessary)
- Legal guardians are required to bring proof of guardianship
- New Patient Questionnaire
- Referral Form